Getting Young People Job-Ready
With 65% of the population below the age of 35, India is liable for a demographic dividend. Paired with advances in technology, unlocking the potential and aspirations of young people will be key to transforming the economy. With as many as 4 million youngsters between the ages of 15 and 29 set to enter the workforce each year for the next two decades, there is a pressing need to direct efforts towards enabling them with skills to make them more future-ready.
Anchored around employability skills and career development, MyQuest has been designed to empower youth in a world that will demand constant learning, unlearning and relearning. Thus, in addition to building students’ self-learning potential, the program seeks to inject confidence in them to make well-informed career decisions.
Strategy & Approach
Directed not just at young people but the full spectrum of stakeholders including organizations that work in this endeavour, the program’s strategy is built on creating an impact across the entire ecosystem. The program harnesses innovative tools – including a comprehensive blended digital self-learning material – in its experiential group activities and classroom sessions. This is designed to motivate trainers to learn new facilitation skills, as well as enable students to develop market-oriented skills while building their confidence.
- 250,000 Youth Trained
- 55 % Youth In Work
- 18 % Youth Continue Education
- 3,500 Trainers Trained
- 110 Vocational Training Centres
- 360 Industrial Training Institutes
- 22 States
- 30 Partners
Partner With Us
If you want to support high-impact, innovative, technology-enabled programs for youth, MyQuest offers:
Transparency – Data-driven reporting and analytics dashboards to view youth impact and project outcomes.
Expertise – End-to-end project management and support from our experienced team of professionals. Large scale, technology-enabled programs with a focus on quality.
Leverage – Leveraging existing Quest knowledge in technology, design, media and content to design unique, youth offerings in partnership with a funder. Cross-donor leverage across different Quest funding partners, adding sustainability, scale and stability to all youth impact initiatives.
If you are an educational and skill development institution such as an ITI, an NGO, a skill development company, a school, or a college, MyQuest offers:
Knowledge and Skills
- Capacity building of trainers and center heads through Quest’s immersive workshops and access to a virtual community of training practitioners.
- Facilitation of industry and employer connections.
- On-demand reporting and data analysis of student learning outcomes
- Access to Quest’s knowledge library of student self-learning material.
- Alumni management and alumni support through technology tools.
- Funding and infrastructure support.
- Replicable and scalable model of training delivery.
For the individual looking to build your community, with MyQuest you can even:
- Start a Youth Resource Center on your own premises with end-to-end support.
- Receive a one-time transfer of content and trainer capacity building with continuous support.
- Implement customized content, training and implementation with assistance from Quest Alliance’s team of experienced education and technology professionals
“Microsoft and Quest are equipping thousands of youth to learn computer science and coding.”
“Even after the program, the students support each other with advice and feedback; this makes me proud.”
Facilitator, Reaching Hands
“The retail and communication segments help me interact with people at work; I am no longer afraid to speak up.”