Announcing Call For Proposals: Survey For Voices From The Ground
We are looking for agencies / consultants to survey teachers, parents, adolescents and youth (between 11-22 years) in Bihar, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka; as part of the Voices from the Ground Project under the Life Skills Collaborative (LSC).
Quest Alliance, Breakthrough and Pratham anchor the Life Skills Collaborative's Voices from the Ground track. This track focuses on transforming learning ecosystems to empower young people with skills to thrive.
The objective of the collaboration is not just the incremental changes but fostering deep transformation beyond school, including higher education and livelihood systems. The Life Skill Collaborative is divided into three parts:
1) Glossary and Assessments
2) Ecosystem Engagement and Government Engagement
3) Voices from the Ground
Quest Alliance is part of the Voices from the Ground (VFG) track.
Details of the survey:
We invite applications from agencies / consultants to conduct telephonic survey using the tools (on Kobo Collect platform) and monitoring processes finalized by Quest Alliance. This survey will be conducted in Bihar, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka. The draft VFG tools for adolescents and youth (between 11-22 years), parents and teachers consist of quantitative and qualitative questions, lasting about 20-25 minutes in a telephonic survey. Each tool has multiple sections that aims to collect the following information:
- Personal and background details: Includes respondent’s personal and background characteristics like age, gender, caste etc.
- Perceptions on life skills: Includes open and close-ended questions on respondents’ perceptions of education, life skills and its importance.
- Academic details: Includes questions to understand children’s academic experiences (or other stakeholders’ perceptions of these experiences) in general and during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Awareness and aspirations: Includes questions on academic and professional aspirations of and for children, and the skills and support needed to get there. It also includes questions that attempt to understand the child/youth’s network.
- Support system: This section includes questions regarding the support respondent currently has to learn, teach and support life skill development.
- Digital access: This section includes questions about the perception and importance of digital technology and access of the respondent to the digital devices.
Young adolescents (11-14 years)
Middle adolescents (15-18 years)
Young people (19-25 years)
Criteria for application:
Agencies / consultants must have the following:
- A competent and experienced team of surveyors in their network, or on roll; for both telephonic data collection on quantitative and qualitative tools.
- Fluent surveyors in Hindi, Tamil, Odia, Telugu, Kannada and Gujarati. The agency should have teams in each of the states mentioned above; with a fluency in local language.
- Experience of conducting similar phone-based surveys. Surveyors who have similar prior experience, especially on KoBo Collect will be essential. The selected vendor will receive training on managing KoBo + handling support and issue resolution. Post-training, it will be the selected vendor's responsibility to manage all aspects of field operations, data accuracy, and proper usage of KoBo.
- Should be available to start work immediately upon onboarding.
- Kick of meeting and inception report
- Recruit and finalize surveyors - final list for training
- 3 day training for designated Master Trainers / Leads
- 4-day training for surveyors for respective states - final list of trained surveyors
- Data Collection and Data Entry
-- digitized - clean data set
-- audio recording
-- transcripts of the interviews
Interested agencies / consultants should email a detailed technical and financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd November 2021.
It should be accompanied by CVs of the team leader, co-leads and lead supervisor for each of the 7 states.