Announcing Call For Knowledge Partnership: STEM For Girls India
We have been working with govt. high schools across India integrating our digital skills and 21st century skills curriculum for students in classes 8 and 9. We are also one of the national implementing partners for IBM’s corporate social responsibility initiative STEM For Girls (SFG), under our Secondary Schools Program.
The intent of the program is to build agency in young girls to make informed life and career choices, and to introduce them to STEM as a career pathway. Gender, 21st century skills, life skills and coding are at the core of the program. This is being implemented through two models: (i) directly by Quest Alliance and (ii) through implementation partners; NGOs who share our mission. The program has scaled to 10 states, reaching out to 126,000 students currently across 900 government schools.
We are looking to partner with NGOs working in the space of education, who are passionate about empowering young adolescents. This partnership will:
- Integrate the STEM for Girls approach in the existing work of organizations to strengthen their ecosystem and the overall SFG model by leveraging their strengths and nuanced contexts of working with young boys and girls.
- Demonstrate a shared financial model of recognition grant or partnership to expand the reach of the STEM for Girls program in different contexts.
As part of this knowledge partnership, partners will have access to curriculum frameworks from the STEM for Girls program, become part of the larger ecosystem in India working on 21st century skills in the era of NEP, and also have access to an incubation chapter by Quest Alliance that provides training and capacity building support.
NGOs that achieve key milestones of the SFG program in-line with training and knowledge framework outlined by us, will receive up to INR 10 Lakhs as reward for innovation.
Criteria for collaboration
NGOs can apply for this partnership if they --
- Have a shared vision aligned to the objectives of the STEM for Girls program
- Have a strong base of working with adolescent girls in community and government school settings
- Have an existing team that engages with adolescent girls directly and funds for the same
- Have access to physical infrastructure including a technology set up to deliver the program model
- Believe the program themes will be a value add and strengthen the existing work of the organization with young people
- Have a background of working in one of the thematic areas in the following locations: Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, Gujarat, and Assam.
- Have an existing monitoring system which can integrate the partnership requirements
- Be open to promoting the partnership on their communication channels
The deadline for application is over. All applications received on or before Wednesday, 13th October 2021, are being assessed by our team. If you have any query about this process / the status of your application, kindly write to email@example.com
If you'd like to know more about our Secondary Schools Program, click here 〉