We are looking for photos that highlight a learner's resilience, agency and capture a moment in their learning journeys. Entries that best express this theme will be featured on Quest Alliance's annual summit #Quest2Learn and across all our social media. Top 10 best entries will receive a cash prize of INR 5,000 each.
Feel free to experiment with moods and sub-themes; we like inspiring and striking points of view. So send us the best photos you have clicked of self-learners (this can include yourself) along with detailed information about where the picture was taken and what is happening in the photo. Do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when your photo is selected. All overworked and doctored images will be disqualified.
How to apply:
Use the form below to submit your entry along with your full name, email, and a brief description of the photographs and why you like it. Make sure you have the subject’s consent to submit this photograph. The name of the person in the photograph(s) is the "Subject". In case the subject is a minor, their parent / guardian should assent to this. Download consent form in the sections below.
If you have a social media handle, include that too so we can shout out to you when your image is selected. You will have to sign-in via your Google account to submit your entry.
You can upload 3 photos of a size that's not more than 5MB each. Photos must meet the following requirements: PNG, JPG or JPEG file format, 72dpi. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be a minimum of 1024x768 pixels.
The consent form should be duly signed by the subject or their parent / guardian, and uploaded during the submission process. In case each of your photos has a different subject, kindly upload a duly signed consent form for each. You can scan and upload in PDF or click a photo of it and upload PNG, JPG and JPEG formats.
Deadline for submission: This campaign has ended as of 6:30PM Monday, August 23rd, 2021
If your entry is selected for Q2L, you will be notified by Wednesday, August 25th, 2021 via email and / or social media.
Criteria for selection:
- Expression of Theme - How close it is to the theme.
- Creativity / overall composition - Is the photo able to convey the idea / thought in an original way through your lens.
- Color, Lighting and Focus - How all the visual elements, tones and light harmoniously express the purpose or intent of the image.
- Inspirational value - How inspiring is the photo and the story associated with it / the subject's self-learning experience.
Terms & Conditions:
- Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants Quest Alliance royalty-free rights, and a perpetual license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, promotional, and/or marketing purposes. The photos will not be used for commercial purposes.
- In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by Quest Alliance. These rights are applicable starting from the date of submission to this campaign.
- Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial team. No overly edited or Photoshopped images will be accepted.
- By submitting your photographs you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
If you have any queries / concerns about this campaign, please contact email@example.com